There is a storm brewing and it would be in your best interest to prepare for it.
According to The Weather Channel, Tropical Storm Issac poses a very dangerous threat to the Gulf Coast. Those of us who live in Mississippi, Louisiana and the Florida Panhandle should monitor the progress of this storm very closely.
I don’t know about ya’ll, but they don’t have to tell ME twice!
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for the storm:
- Make sure you sign up for weather and news updates. In the event of a power outage, you will still be able to keep up with what’s going on.
- Decide where you’re going to go in case you have to evacuate. Fill up your car and get there before the weather gets bad. Better safe than sorry.
- If you are traveling to an area you aren’t really familiar with, have paper maps just in case your phone or GPS loses its signal during the bad weather.
- Tell your family members the route you’ll be traveling.
- Have a 3-day supply of water and non-perishable foods.
I live very close to the Mississippi Gulf Coast and will be leaving tomorrow if the storm continues to strengthen.
Be safe ya’ll!